The second medical opinion system is a paid service provided by specialists of the University of Tartu Hospital in order to offer additional medical opinions to patients of other than the University of Tartu Hospital on the basis of existing medical documentation and tests performed.
The service gives an opportunity to ask for a second opinion regarding a malignant tumour or blood disease with which you or your family member has been diagnosed.
If you want to get a second opinion
- name and personal identification code of the patient;
- contact information;
- the question(s) that you would like to have answered;
- the diagnostics of the patient and the description of the course of the disease;
- files on the tests performed and/or treatment given (we suggest that you upload the files to a server of a cloud service provider, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.).
2. Based on the personal data of the patient, an official case for the patient is prepared in the information system of the hospital in order to give a second opinion.
3. We will assess the volume of work, the required number of participating specialists and the hours necessary for the analysis for giving the second opinion, and will prepare a price quote accordingly.
4. Based on the price quote, you will be sent a prepayment invoice by e-mail.
5. After the payment has been received, the specialists of the particular disease profile will prepare an evidence-based analysis of diagnosis and treatment with recommendations for steps to be taken. You will receive the official second medical opinion within the period specified beforehand.
- The analysis performed and opinion given in the framework of this system are based on the information you have submitted to us.
- In some cases, the information submitted may be insufficient for definitive recommendations and additional tests are required.
- You may always seek regular medical diagnostic and treatment services at the University of Tartu Hospital. For more information on booking an appointment with a specialist doctor, click here.