Emergency department (ED)
L. Puusepa 8, wing G1, 1st floor
ED provides emergency care
When coming to the ED,
- it is advisable to bring along data about previous medical procedures, medical records and a list of any medications you are taking
- when entering the department, take a number (classification: trauma patient, emergency patient)
- present your identity document (or child’s identity document)
- answer any questions the triage nurse may have about your health problem to accurately determine the urgency of your condition and the method of providing help
- tell the nurse if you have any allergies or if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Provision of emergency care
In the ED, patients are treated according to the severity of their condition, rather than the order of arrival. The waiting time for medical care may be prolonged if the department staff are busy with patients whose lives are at risk and your condition is not life-threatening. Inform the staff if your condition changes during the waiting period or if you want to leave the ED.
In Tartu University Hospital, patients insured by the Estonian Health Insurance Fund pay a visit fee of 5 euros for outpatient specialised medical care.
Depending on the type of help needed, emergency care is provided in the following clinics:
Emergency care at Women’s Clinic
Emergency care for women’s diseases and pregnancy.
- L. Puusepa 8, wing G2, 1st floor, Women’s Clinic on weekdays from 08:00 to 19:00 (entrance by 8 L. Puusepa Street)
- L. Puusepa 8, wing G1, 1st floor, emergency department on holidays and weekdays from 19:00 to 08:00 (entrance by L. Puusepa 8, on the left side of the building)
When coming in for labour, enter the hospital through the emergency department.
Phone number of midwife on duty: 731 9923
Emergency care at Children’s Clinic
Provision of emergency outpatient specialist care to children (except for health problems requiring surgical intervention and trauma).
N. Lunini 6, wing C, 1st floor, room 122
Entrance by N. Lunini, on the left side of the building
Phone number of doctor on duty: 731 9512
Emergency care at Ear Clinic
Emergency care for adults and children with ear, nose and throat diseases.
J. Kuperjanovi 1, 1st floor
Entrance by Vallikraavi, on the right side of the building. After hours, please ring the doorbell.
Phone number of nurse on duty: 731 9783
Emergency care at Eye Clinic
Emergency care for adults and children with eye diseases.
- L. Puusepa 8, wing J, 2nd floor, Eye Clinic on weekdays from 08:00 to 18:00 (entrance by N. Lunini) Phone number of nurse on duty: 731 9763
- L. Puusepa 8, wing G1, 1st floor, emergency department on holidays and weekdays from 18:00 to 08:00 (entrance by L. Puusepa, on the left side of the building).
Emergency care at Stomatology Clinic
Emergency care for adults and children with dental diseases and traumas.
- Raekoja plats 6, 2nd and 3rd floor, on weekdays from 08:00 to 19:00, phone number of reception: 731 9889
- L. Puusepa 8, wing J, 1st floor, emergency dental care, on holidays and weekdays from 09:00 to 13:00 (entrance by N. Lunini, go to the reception first)
Emergency care at Psychiatry Clinic
Emergency care for adults and children with psychiatric disorders
Raja 31, room B1002, 1st floor
The main entrance is open from 06:00 to 19:00. The back entrance is open for 24 hours. At night, please ring the doorbell.
Phone number of doctor/nurse on duty: 731 8764